You may have seen some talk regarding blocking recently so now is a good time to outlay the Socel policy.
Actions start with the user and escalate from there:
1. Always report problematic toots and accounts
2. If that fails or clearly won't work, the next action is to block that user.
3. If an instance collectively causes issues, Socel users can block the entire instance.
4. If an instance causes problems for enough Socel users, then the instance will be blocked at the admin level.
We're now running v2.9.0 which includes some exciting new features!
Check them out here: https://blog.joinmastodon.org/2019/06/mastodon-2.9/
Socel appears to have been delisted from the directory of Mastodon.
Apparently a new covenant went into effect without any notification to me: https://joinmastodon.org/covenant
I am working to get us relisted so that we can continue to grow the community and maintain a place for animation and related arts within the fediverse.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
Finding people to follow on the fediverse (e.g. Mastodon/Pleroma) is simple!
1. Start by checking the timeline for your local instance. See an interesting post? check the author's timeline. Are they or their posts interesting? Follow them.
2. Check their boosts and give their authors the same treatment.
3. Rinse and repeat. 🔄
Is your local instance too quiet? Try the federated timeline, but brace for noise!
If you have any other suggestions for awesome creative-focused instances, do let us all know!
Hello my lovely #MastoArt-ists!
Looking for other creative instances to stretch your wings? Take a look at these excellent choices:
Follow this account for news and updates about Socel; the social network for the animation and related industries!
Socel is a place for animation professionals, freelancers, independents, students, and fans to connect and grow together. Everyone in related fields such as comics, illustration, and video games is also very welcome. As an implementation of Mastodon, Socel connects you to almost two million users around the globe as part of the Federation; a network of independent social spaces communicating with each other.